||Home > Recipes > Treats > Blondies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) unsalted butter
2 cups (packed) golden brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Mix flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda in medium bowl.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add sugar and whisk to blend. Whisk in eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually stir in flour mixture (batter will be thick).
- Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and pecans.
- Bake blondies until tester inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs attached, about 25 minutes.
- Cool blondies in pan on rack. (Can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and let stand at room temperature.)
- Cut into squares and serve.