||Home > Recipes > Entrees > Neille's Bolognese
1 lb. ground beef
1 lb. ground veal
1 lb. ground pork
1 onion, medium, chopped fine
5 cloves garlic chopped fine
1-2 cups red wine(something you would drink)
1/2 packet sugar/splenda
container cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 large cans san marzano tomatoes whole
1 small can tomato paste
Salt and Pepper to taste
- Have butcher mix meats together
- Saute onions in olive oil till translucent
- Add garlic when onions are cooked - do not burn
- Add meat and cook through
- Add dried spices to season and add cherry tomatoes
- add whole tomatoes(break with tongs), wine and tomato paste.
- Mix all together, taste and add sugar and S & P if needed.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours covered.