||Home > Recipes > Side Dishes > Toasted Israeli Couscous Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables
Toasted Israeli Couscous Salad with Grilled Summer Vegetables
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1 cup olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 green zucchini, quartered lengthwise
2 yellow zucchini, quartered lengthwise
6 spears asparagus, trimmed
12 cherry tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, quartered and seeded
1 yellow bell pepper, quartered and seeded
1/4 cup basil chiffonade (stack leaves, roll in a cigar shape and cut crosswise into thin strips)
1/4 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound Israeli couscous
Vegetable stock, heated
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard and garlic, slowly add the olive oil and whisk until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour 1/2 the marinade over the vegetables and let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill. Remove the vegetables from the marinade and grill the vegetables until just cooked through.
- Cut the zucchini and peppers into 1/2-inch pieces, cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, add the couscous and toast until lightly golden brown.
- Cover the couscous with the hot stock and bring to a boil, cook until al dente and drain well.
- Place in a large serving bowl, add the grilled vegetables and herbs and toss with the remaining vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature.