||Home > Recipes > Treats > Snickerdoodles
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
2 tsp. Cream of Tartar
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tbsp sugar
2 tsp. Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In one bowl mix shortening, sugar and eggs.
In second bowl, mix flour, cream of tartar, baking soda
and pinch of salt.
- Combine both bowls and begin to make cookies.
- Form dough into small to medium balls and roll into cinnamon
and sugar mixture.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool on baking rack.