||Home > Recipes > Appetizers > Puree of White Bean Soup
Puree of White Bean Soup
3 cups dried white beans
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
4 ounces (4 slices) bacon, diced
1 large onion, chopped
1 leek (white part only), chopped
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
8 garlic cloves, chopped
10 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and white pepper to taste
10 teaspoons white truffle oil, or to taste
- In a large bowl, cover beans with 2 inches of water and soak overnight.
- Drain and set aside. In a large stockpot over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add bacon and cook just until it renders its fat. Add the onion, leek, carrot,
celery and garlic and saute until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add the beans,
chicken broth, thyme and rosemary and bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat
until beans are very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Puree with an immersion blender or transfer to a blender or food processor to puree.
- Season with salt and white pepper to taste. Ladle into individual bowls and
garnish each serving with a drizzle of truffle oil.