||Home > Recipes > Entrees > Hong Kong-Style Fish
Hong Kong-Style Fish
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup water
3 ounces dry sherry
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
Freshly ground black pepper
2 (6-ounce) white fish fillets
2 tablespoons finely julienned ginger
2 tablespoons finely julienned green onions
- In a saucepan, combine soy sauce, water, sherry and sugar and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low to keep warm.
- In a large skillet, heat sesame and olive oils. Add spinach and toss until wilted.
- Season with pepper and set aside.
- Steam or saute fish until just done. Do not overcook.
- To assemble: In a large soup bowl, place a bed of spinach. Rest fish on top of
spinach and garnish with ginger and green onions. Pour soy broth over fish and serve.