||Home > Recipes > Treats > Chocolate M&M Cookies
Chocolate M&M Cookies
2 cups of all purpose flour
1 table spoon of baking powder
4 chocolate baking squares 1oz each Ė chopped
1 stick of butter (room temperature)
2 cups of granulated sugar
4 eggs (room temperature)
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract ( I like to add a bit more)
1 whole bag of baking M&M minies
- Mix flour and powder together and set aside.
- Put chocolate, sugar, and butter in med. pot to just melt the chocolate and butter. Sugar does not melt.
- Take off the heat. Add the vanilla and mix. Wait till the chocolate cools just a bit (couple minutes) then add the eggs in one at time and mix. I do all my mixing by hand with this one - 1 pot and little mess.
- Mix the flour mixture in well with the chocolate mixture.
- At this point I usually diverge a bit from the directions. I usually donít have the time they want. The recipe says to put the mixture into the refrigerator for an hour. You can just put it in the freezer for 15 Ė 20 minutes. The idea is to just not let the M&M Minis melts. Mix in the M&Ms really good. Again is says to put in refrigerator for an hour, but you can put it back in the freezer for about 15 minutes. The idea here is to get it solid enough and cool enough not to cook too fast.
- Cover a cookie sheet with tinfoil (cooks slower). I use two pans. While one is in the oven, I fix the other up with more cookies. Preheat the oven to 350. Make about 1 inch balls and roll them in sugar to coat. Place on cookie sheet. They will flatten on their own. Bake between 10 and 12 minutes. Donít over cook. Try your first batch at 11 and let cool a bit. You may want to do it for 12 minutes. Just remember to get them off the cookie sheet as soon as they cool and bit and you can pick them up. It continues to cook on the pan.